Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My best friend....

                   
                                                      Awww... where it all began....



Well... here is where it all began! Matt and I were friends, and co-workers before we ever started dating. I have to admit it was not love at first sight! Did I think he was attractive? yes. Did I like him? yes, I thought that he was a great guy and I liked him. Did I like him, like him? NO! I remember telling another co-worker/friend that he was just to old for me. Ha!!! Boy did i eat those words! I could go on with all the lovely details.... but in a nutshell... He asked me over to his house one night for a cook-out with some of his friends and family. And.... well, we've been together ever since. We started dating in March of 2002, Were engaged by September 2002( yep, you counted right, 6 months later we were engaged), and we married in April of 2003. This month we celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary. In a way it seems like just yesterday. Then, in a way, I feel like we've been together for way more that 9 years! I love him dearly. He is my best friend. He is a man of character who understands commitment and does MORE than his share to to make his family comfortable, secure, and safe. He is patient, optimistic, caring and smart. His sense of humor holds me up when I just can't do it myself. I love him more and more each day that passes. My girls and I are truly blessed for God choosing him to be our EVERYTHING.  I love you Matt! These are just a few photos of our dating life, honeymoon and wedding. OH MY how we've changed!