Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Princess Dare Devil???




Ella Brooke loves to ride on her princess scooter. On Sunday, my mom asked Ella to go home with her after church. It was a pretty afternoon and they were going to ride the scooter. At about 2:oo that afternoon, I got a call from my mother and I could hear Ella Brooke screaming in the background. The mother instinct..... my heart just dropped. I just knew she was hurt by the sound of that scream. But boy was I wrong. My mother told me that Ella was pitching a fit b/c my mother( the worry wart who would never let my brother and I ride a 4 wheeler) would not let her ride her scooter down the drive way. Now ..... Let me set this up for you..... Ella wanted to get on my mothers driveway and ride really fast to the end. (mind you this is not a steep driveway at all) But Ella does not have real good control of the scooter to do dare devil tricks yet. ( this is so Matt) She an my mother had gotten into a disagreement about doing this!!! She is sooooo independent and you can't tell her anything these days. I ended up sending Matt to meet my mother and pick Ella Brooke up b/c she pitched such a fit. Needless to say.... when she got home we had a long sit down talk about her actions, not listening and the fit pitching. In return she wrote sweet, sweet mimi the cutest note to apologize.